Friday, December 21, 2007

Dan The Builder

For those of you who know me well- You know that I love to build and assemble things. Most people think I'm crazy that I would find putting a swing set together fun, But that is what I did a few weeks ago and loved every minute of it. Heather's mom and step dad bought a swingset for their back yard so that the grandkids (Bruce's kids each have one child- we are not having any for a while) could have something to play on when they come over to visit. I offered to take care of the assemble and over the span of three afternoons it was complete.


All the assorted parts labeled and ready to go


Half way there!


The finished product- Kyra's face was priceless when she came over last Sunday and saw it for the first time. She couldn't stop swinging and climbing the rock wall.



Also for Christmas (we opened presents a week early since we are going to be away for the holidays) Heather got me a miter saw and a pneumatic nail gun. I had told her that I would put up crown molding in the house, if I had the right tools. So even though she had alterer motives, they were perfect. I also used them to construct a work bench and shelves in the garage, since I was getting annoyed with everything on the ground.

So much better now that I can find everything!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

in looks even better in person dan.. great job! it has been good to see you lately! have fun in WA!!!!

Go Cougars

Utah Jazz